It’s Kid Inventor Day!
In honor of the occasion, FIRST® LEGO® League WORLD CLASSSM Global Innovation Ambassadors the Robolearners are sharing their top 10 tips for inventing.
- Your innovation CAN change the world.
- Don’t be scared to explore areas that you know little about
- Work as a team with your fellow FIRST LEGO Leaguers, whether that is within current team or even other FIRST LEGO League teams.
- By working together you can do your research faster!
- Prototypes are important – there is a lot to learn from them.
- Keep your focus.
- Setting deadlines to finish certain things can really help to keep you pointed in the right direction.
- Apply for your patents early! Exposing your idea in public can hurt your chances for getting a patent.
- You will learn a lot that will help you in life by exploring your innovative ideas.
- Even if it takes a lot of work, it can be FUN!
This year’s class of Global Innovation Semi-Finalists has not yet been chosen, but regional nominations are beginning to pour into FIRST® Headquarters. Stay tuned for more information or visit the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation website.