Are you and your team planning to attend a FIRST® Championship?
Announcing the 2017 FIRST® Championship Conferences!
Houston, TX April 19th-22nd, 2017| St. Louis, MO April 26th-29th, 2017
FIRST is excited to announce that we are accepting presentation proposals for the annual FIRST Championship Conferences. We are looking for presentations on topics of interest to FIRST® Robotics Competition, FIRST® Tech Challenge FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Teams, Coaches, Mentors, Educators, Parents, and Prospective Leaders. You may present individually or as part of a group.
We encourage presentations in all technical and non-technical areas of FIRST programs. The 2017 FIRST Championship Conferences will offer the following tracks (or a series of sessions based on a common theme):
- Programming, designing, building
- Training on specific software or hardware
- Innovations from the field-engineering, programming, technology
- Recruiting Mentors/volunteers
- Fundraising, marketing, conflict resolution, student leadership
- Patent/product development
Scholarship & Alumni
- Applying to college
- Applying for scholarships
- Landing an Internship
- Career pathways
- Long term benefits of participating in FIRST programs
- Professional Skills
- Bringing FIRST programs into the classroom
- Educational benefits of FIRSTprograms
- Educational impact of FIRST programs
- How do FIRST programs support best practices in education? (Project based learning, Growth mindset, Competency-based learning, 21st Century Skills, etc.)
- School/District/Community culture shifts associated with FIRST programs
Diversity & Inclusion
- Increasing participation of girls and minority populations in FIRST programs
- Increasing participation of girls and minority populations in STEM programs/fields
- Design Thinking
- Product Development
- Product Pitch
Session (50 minutes in length)-A good session covers one topic in depth, rather than giving an overview of many topics.
Workshop (110 minutes in length)–Workshops cover topics and skills that are important the FIRST community–recent changes, new approaches, and timely content— and also provide substantive training and opportunities for practice and critical discussion.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a presentation in St. Louis, please submit your idea on or before Monday, January 30, 2017 by Clicking Here to fill out a short application. FIRST will provide a laptop and projector for each presentation. Any additional equipment will be the presenter’s responsibility to provide. Please note that travel and accommodations will not be provided by FIRST.
Please direct questions to FIRSTEducation@firstinspires.org