As part of the CARGO CONNECTSM Challenge, FIRST® LEGO® League teams from more than 110 countries identified a problem related to improving the transportation journey of products. Teams went on to research the problem they discovered and were tasked to innovate a solution in the form of a new piece of technology or by improving an existing one. As they immersed themselves in the innovation process, teams considered possible barriers to implementation, documented the evaluation of their invention, and validated their design with professionals working in relevant STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields.
We are proud to announce the twenty inspiring teams from around the world that have been selected for their outstanding solutions developed during the CARGO CONNECT season. These 20 finalist teams will vie for the top honor of the 2022 FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award presented by Qualcomm Incorporated.
The annual Global Innovation Award celebrates the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, and changemakers who are developing solutions for today’s societal problems. The award also honors the winning team for developing the mindsets, competencies, and inspiration to impact the world for generations to come.
“The future of our economy and workforce relies on the inspiration, development, and empowerment of young, creative problem-solvers,” said Natalie Dusi, Manager Government Affairs at Qualcomm Incorporated. “Qualcomm is thrilled to be the presenting sponsor of the 2022 FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award, and we are so proud of all of these teams whose powerful ideas and innovations deserve to be celebrated on a global stage.”
The 2022 FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award Ceremony will be held June 21-23 in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. The multi-day event of workshops, judging sessions, and meetings with industry experts, will culminate in a live award show on the FIRSTtv Twitch channel, June 23, with a pre-show starting at 5:30 p.m. ET.
This year’s award show will be co-hosted by Arwen Zhang and Trevor Langley, two FIRST®students, Innovation Ambassadors, and prior Global Innovation Award Finalists. Arwen has been a FIRST participant for seven years and currently participates in FIRST® Tech Challenge. Trevor has been a FIRST participant for ten years, and now participates in FIRST® Robotics Competition.
Join the celebration of these 20 Finalist teams advancing to the 2022 FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award presented by Qualcomm!
Congrats to our 20 Finalist teams:
- AC/DC/EG from São Caetano do Sul, São Paulo, Brazil. Invention: Perlite Thermal Insulator (P.T.I)
- The Albots from St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Invention: The Road Guardian
- Baksteen Valken from Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA. Invention: FalconFire
- Blue Star Robotics from Pearland, Texas, USA. Invention: Damaged Road Tracking Solution (DRTS)
- CRE8 from Mason, Ohio, USA. Invention: F.R.E.S.H. Pack
- Darth Rappers from Cary, North Carolina, USA. Invention: ‘MILE’NIUM F.A.L.C.O.N
- Eco Cargo Solutions from Hessa skole, Ålesund, Norway. Invention: Pack-man solution
- Gizmo Gang from Omaha, Nebraska, USA. Invention: HAGL Dispenser and Tote System
- The Great Gatsbys from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Invention: PAWSome Packing Product
- The Green Brick Road from Mamaroneck, New York, USA. Invention: Green Path Delivery – GPD
- Herobotics – Gold from Springdale, Arkansas, USA. Invention: Sensor Powered Organ Transportation
- iAmicos from Yorktown Heights, New York, USA. Invention: FlexShelf
- The MailMasters from Redmond, Washington, USA. Invention: Flexi-Box
- New Cats On The Block from Johnston, Iowa, United States. Invention: The Food Bank Flat
- Robo Raptors from Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA. Invention: Cargo on the Clock (C-Square System)
- RoboPixls from San Jose, California, USA. Invention: PAC (Pixl Affordable Cooling)
- SustainaBot from Milano, Italy. Invention: FrostBox
- The Swag Hats from Waukee, Iowa, USA. Invention: OSCAR- Organ Sensing Cargo Alert Reader
- Takevians from Samsun, Turkey. Invention: DURABLE PACKAGING, SOLID CARGO
- TriTech from Dix Hills, New York, USA. Invention: SCOUTbot
Click here to learn more about the teams and their innovations.
Learn more about the Global Innovation Award at www.firstinspires.org/gia.