What if you could build a better world? Where would you begin?
More than ever, we must come together to innovate and solve problems. In FIRST®, you are part of a thriving community brimming with inspiration, creativity, and hope for a stronger, more sustainable future – one that’s built better together. You have the power to help the cities, towns, and places you call home reach new heights. With the support of the FIRST community, this is your opportunity to lead our future forward – and up.
Now is your team’s chance to make your mark on the BOOMTOWN BUILDSM season by naming the crane!
The “Name the Crane” Contest is open to all FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. teams. Only ONE submission is allowed per team and must be submitted by your coach (in North America, the Lead Coach/Mentor 1 or 2 as designated within the Team Dashboard). Submissions must be complete by 11:59PM EDT on Monday, September 9, 2019 to be considered.
(1) No submissions may contain material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same. For example, “Disneyland” is not an appropriate name.
(2) The crane name will represent your team and FIRST, and it must be designed in the spirit of FIRST Core Values.
(3) The crane name should be written using characters in the modern Latin alphabet not exceeding 20 characters.
(4) It is important that we know the correct pronunciation of your crane name. Although the pronunciation of many names is obvious, some require special attention. The pronunciation guide is a way to help us pronounce your planet name correctly. The pronunciation guide should be written for English language speakers. For example, “Raul Gonzalez” would have a pronunciation guide similar to “rah-OOL gon-SAH-les”. It’s recommended to use a pronunciation resource such as the following in creating your pronunciation guide: https://www.nameshouts.com/
(5) Your team’s Lead Coach 1 or Lead Coach 2 must submit the proposed name for your team. They must be 18 or older.
(6) We’ll select a winner in late September – we will contact the winning team directly and will also share the winning name and team information with the FIRST LEGO League Jr. community.